Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with 1000 students currently on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border with excellent transport to central London, Surrey and the south coast. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted. The academy moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012.
We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. Our leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, we strive each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
We are currently seeking a Student Services Officer to provide support to students and staff.
The Student Services Officer will work with the Students Services Manager, with duties including administering First Aid and caring for sick and injured students; managing lost property, uniform loans and the sale of school equipment; liaising with parents and carers, including organising phone calls and texts regarding parents' evenings, educational visits and academy events.
What we are looking for:
- The ability to relate well to children and adults and work constructively as part of a team
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and reman calm
- Good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
- A flexible person who is willing to take initiative
- Ideally, a full three-day First Aid qualification
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris Academy Purley is part of the Harris Federation, a network of 41 academies, which offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development and promotion.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the academy on 020 8681 1141.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.