Student Support Mentor
Annual Salary: £11,372.66 (FTE £17,666)
Hours: 30 hours per week / 36 weeks per year
Location: Based at Highbury Campus, with travel to other centres
Close Date: 22 April 2018
Highbury College is looking for a part time (30 hours per week), Term Time Only, Student Support Mentor.
The Student Support Mentor will be part of the Student Central team, and is responsible to the Head of Learning Support. The post holder will be required to provide high quality support to students in order to enable the College to meet their 2020 College Vision. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have well developed organisational, communication and team working skills. Key duties will include assessing the needs of referred students and formulating action plans, encouraging self-esteem in students, respect for others and a sense of responsibility within the College and its communities.
What we can offer you:
· A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
· 24 days’ annual leave per annum, plus eight Bank Holidays and three days Christmas Closure (pro rata for part time employees)
· A canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
· A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
The working environment:
· You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
· You will be working for a Grade 1 Outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
For full details please see the Job Description.
Please note: If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on 02392 328910 or email@example.com