Salary: £18,100.00 FTE
Hours: 37 Hours per week, 39 weeks per year (includes 5 training days)
Closing Date: Monday 15th July 2019
Kettering Science Academy is looking to appoint a Student Support Officer (SSO) to join its pastoral team. The current team of Student Support Officers provide a holistic approach to pastoral support by assisting with student behaviour, attendance and welfare.
If you are self-motivated and passionate about improving outcomes for all students, we would love to hear from you.
Our SSO’s are part of a wider team within the Academy, working closely with a team of Progress Leaders and a Vice Principal with responsibility for behaviour, attendance and welfare. SSO’s work with designated year groups of students and a link Progress Leader. This helps develop positive and productive relationships with students. The successful candidates will be a first point of contact for students, families and other agencies.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent communicator, capable of working effectively with students, colleagues and families
- Keep accurate records of all dealings with students and families
- Support positive student behaviour and to follow up on good and poor behaviour issues according to Academy procedures and policies
- Undertake home visits and support a coordinated approach to improving attendance
- Promote positive attitudes towards education
- Be passionate and relentless in their pursuit of improved outcomes for all students
Closing date: Monday 15th July 2019
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.