Student Support Officer
Start Date: September 2017
Salary: £21,962 - £24,964 pro rata (Actual pay is £18,301 – £20,803)
Salary Grade: Grade 6 (Points19-23)
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: 37 hours per week Term Time Only plus 5 inset days
Hours of Duty: Monday – Thursday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm Friday 8.00 am – 4.00 pm
Lymm High School is a, large high performing secondary school with exceptional resources including a swimming pool, leisure complex and residential centre in Anglesey.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated professional Student Support Officer who will alongside the Senior Leadership Team, Head of Year and Student Services Manager, promote excellent attendance and work with our children and families to support their academic and pastoral achievements, to ensure their success with us.
• experience of working with young people
• an interest in learning and developing students
• experience of working with vulnerable students experiencing multiple disadvantages
• have an understanding of students needs and mentoring strategies
• knowledge of behaviour management and disciplines
• able to communicate effectively and appropriately with all members of the school community
• ability to work in partnership with parents and carers to discuss student progress, attendance,
welfare and behaviour
• promote high expectations of all students
• able to support classroom teachers on a day to day, lesson to lesson basis.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formally CRB).
For further details and an application form please visit: www.lymmhigh.org.uk
Deadline for applications: noon Monday 3rd July 2017
Interview Date: W/c 3rd July 2017
Application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org