To be responsible for supporting the retention, progress, achievement and progression of a cohort of learners through group tutorials and additional one to one reviews were required.
To provide support through themes including employability, personal development, social and welfare.
1. To deliver group tutorials to progress and develop a cohort of learners.
2. To monitor academic targets through the Individual Learning Plan and Markbook.
3. To set and review SMART targets with individual learners to support retention, progress, achievement and progression.
4. To identify concerns, risks and barriers to students’ progress and work with parents / carers, other college staff and external agencies in order to overcome them.
5. To contribute to the college’s strategy for increasing Value Added by ensuring that academic targets are suitably stretching according to prior attainment and MTGs, and by monitoring students’ progress towards attaining and preferably exceeding them through group tutorial and 1-1 sessions.
6. To work closely with curriculum teams to report and update on learner progress and ensure relevant support plans and strategies are delivered.
7. To maintain the Individual Learning Plan and ensure accurate and comprehensive learner tracking monitoring and support records.
8. To contribute to the development of cross college tutorial resources, including on Its Learning.
9. To promote learner voice activities to students to encourage participation and ensuring the election of student reps.
10. To actively participate in regular staff development sessions to update qualifications, skills and knowledge.
11. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
12. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £18,522.42 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week (40 weeks worked per year)
CLOSING DATE: 21st November 2018