ST PAUL’S COLLEGE - KEMPSEY
Diocese of Lismore
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position:
School Counsellor/ Chaplain/ Student Support
Part Time/ Temporary Position, 14 hours per week over 2 days commencing as soon as possible.
- A Registered Psychologist/Social Worker is required to facilitate and monitor emotional, behavioural, social and educational counselling for our College students.
- Support, accept, and uphold the mission, teachings and ethos of the Catholic Church’s work in schools.
- Applicants will have experience and/or enthusiasm for working in schools, excellent communication skills, flexibility, the ability to work collaboratively with teaching teams, and the ability to engage and relate to students, parents and staff.
- They will also possess a good understanding of child adolescent development and youth mental health interventions.
- Ability to both work independently with limited supervision, and in consultation with current school counsellor.
- Applicants must be eligible for membership of their relevant association (APS, AASW) and have a strong understanding of their professional bodies ethical and legal requirements, especially in relation to working within a school setting.
- Min quals for Chaplain: Applicants are required to have a certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care, or an equivalent qualification e.g. Teacher, Counsellor. (The qualification must include competencies in “mental health” and “making appropriate referrals”).
- Experience in secondary school counselling required.
- Tertiary qualifications in counselling, social work, psychology or equivalent essential.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Learning Disorders (e.g. Dyslexia), and Behavioural Disorders, including individual and educational based interventions, and supports.
- Experience delivering group based interventions.
Applications together with complete personal and professional resume, details of background and experience, service record, full documentation and names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three referees including a current employer and Parish Priest or Pastor from their local place of worship.
Principal St Paul’s College Kempsey
Enquiries phone: (02) 65627200
Applications must be received by 4.00pm Friday 22 February 2019.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website