Academy: Leeds City Academy
Role: Student Support Worker
Grade: Salary: B3 £18, 070 – £20, 138 (£15, 386 – £17,147 pro rata)
The purpose of the role is to work with individual and groups of students who are at risk of underachieving to accelerate progress in learning, behaviour, attendance or personal development.
This role is 37 hours a week term time only plus 5 days.
General duties will include the responsibilities outlined below but please refer to the job description and person specification for the main duties and responsibilities of the post
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide effective in class support for SEND pupils within mainstream classes or Nurture base.
• To have responsibility for, and manage effectively a caseload of students allocated by the Student Progress Forum (SPF). Through working with your line manager and/or other staff, this will involve developing, delivering and tracking a range of 1:1 or group interventions to accelerate progress in learning, behaviour, attendance or personal development.
• To maintain full and accurate records of SPF caseload interventions in line with the Academy agreed procedures.
• To liaise regularly with, and report to your line manager about your targeted and/or intervention students.
• To create ‘Personal Support Plans’ for SEND students and update termly – these will be used to advise other staff in school on strategies and resources which can be used to support individual students.
• Contribute to the statutory assessment and annual reviews of students with SEND.
• Contribute to applications for additional funding for students with SEND.
• To collaborate with professional colleagues to develop and maintain close working links with parent / carers and support agencies as required.
• To create accurate and high quality reports as required for internal use and external meetings related to students in either Key Stage 3 or Key Stage 4.
• To attend and contribute to review meetings as appropriate.
• To support the induction of students new to the Academy.
• To contribute to effective transition processes for Y6/7 Transition.
• To contribute to the wider school activities organised by your area team.
• To develop and maintain high quality display areas for your area of work.
• Carry out break and/or lunch supervision as per the rota
• Undertake other duties commensurate with the post, or as directed by the principal
The closing date for applications is Monday 26 March 2018 at 12:00.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 26 March 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29 March 2018.
Start date ASAP
Thank you for taking the time to complete an application form. If you have not received an invitation to interview by Tuesday 27 March 2018 please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.