Student Welfare and Behaviour Assistant
Grade 6: £19,173 – £19,554 per annum pro rata (£9.93 – 10.13 per hour)
33.75 hours per week - 8:15 am – 15:30 pm (daily with half an hour lunch)
41 weeks: Term time plus two weeks (to be agreed between the line manager and post holder)
Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an efficient and well organised colleague with excellent interpersonal skills to join our support services team.
Duties to include:
- Support the pastoral team in providing guidance on behaviour and welfare of students.
- Be a first line of contact to parents in relation to student care and welfare.
- Act as a Designated Safeguarding Lead meeting all statutory and legal requirements. including making and managing referrals, liaising with external agencies and parents and families.
- Assist with referrals, organising and monitoring student appointments with external services such as the School Nurse, Social care and RELATE counsellor.
- Produce monitoring reports to enable evaluation and impact of welfare and support systems across the school.
- Support wider parental engagement in school by liaising with Heads of Year, the Attendance Officer and the Behaviour and Intervention Co-ordinator.
Woodbrook Vale School is a popular and highly successful 11-16 single academy trust located within the university town of Loughborough.
The school is an Ofsted-rated “good” school (Feb 2019) and has a track record of excellent GCSE results. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to build upon the school’s success and ensure students aspire to be the best they can possibly be.
The school ethos reflects both a supportive learning environment and our commitment to giving every student an ambition to succeed. We are proud of our innovative approach to teaching and learning. We have excellent facilities and have invested heavily in our buildings and infrastructure over recent years to create a highly attractive school site.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please download the full details and application form from: http://www.wbvs.co.uk
If you require any further information about this role please contact Sarah Anderson, Deputy Headteacher on: email@example.com
To arrange an informal visit to the school, please contact Sarah Anderson on 01509 557560 ext 110 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The available dates and times for an informal visit are as follows:
- Wednesday 11 September at 15:15pm
- Thursday 12 September at 08:45am
- Wednesday 18 September at 15:15pm
Please email your completed application and covering letter to the HR Administrator, Penny Bradshaw on: email@example.com
Please note a CV will not be accepted.
Closing Date: midday Thursday 26 September 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 3 October 2019
WOODBROOK VALE SCHOOL
Grasmere Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2ST
Tel: 01509 557560