We are seeking a Student Welfare Officer. In this role you will:
• contribute to and promote the development, alignment, attainment and review of the mission and strategic goals for Brisbane Catholic Education
• work closely with others to promote and develop student wellbeing, emotional resilience and positive relationships
• collaborate with other role holders in supporting student’s faith, spiritual and pastoral needs
• provide appropriate referrals for students in accordance with school approved processes
• promote positive partnerships within and beyond the school community.
Minimum requirements for applicants for the position of Student Welfare Officer in a Brisbane Catholic Education school:
Qualifications - possession of either:
• a Certificate IV in Youth Work; or a Certificate IV in Pastoral Care; or
• an equivalent qualification; this certificate or equivalent must include a unit of competency in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals’
• meets the National School Chaplaincy Programme’s Minimum Qualification Requirements
St Joseph's Murgon is a Primary School offering families a parish-based, comprehensive, inclusive, holistic and future focused education within the Murgon area. We are a Marist school imbued with the spirit and charism of the Presentation Sisters, Edmund Rice and Indigenous. Our approximate enrolment is 110 students.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing February 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2 years
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 12 hours per week on any two days except Friday.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 $31.91 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Tracey Gerrard
Contact Telephone Number: 0418737506
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window