Job ref: 0895
We have two opportunities available, as detailed below, please specify in your application form which role is your preference or whether you wish to be considered for both roles.
- 35 hours per week, (term time only, 40 weeks per year, maternity cover to January 2022, or the return of the post holder, whichever is the earliest).
- Salary £16,428 - £17,897 per annum (actual salary)
- Location Castleford Campus, WF10 4UA
- 15 hours per week, term time only, 40 weeks per year (over 3 days, 8.30am – 2.30pm)
- Salary £7,040 - £7,670 per annum (actual salary)
- Location Wakefield City Campus, WF1 2DH
At Wakefield College we employ over 700 staff across our Campus sites in Wakefield and Castleford. Our Study Coaches use their expertise to coach and support learners with a range of support needs on a one-to-one basis and group situations, with and without direct supervision.
The Additional Support Team are a very dedicated and professional team and as a Study Coach you will develop specific strategies to support learner achievement, liaising with teaching and non-teaching staff to encourage learner motivation and engagement in their chosen area of study.
You will contribute to the development of student’s literacy, communication, numeracy and study skills– as well as helping increase their levels of independence and social awareness in a range of settings.
As a Study Coach, you should:
- Hold a relevant qualification at Level 3
- Have GCSE grade A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- Have the ability to plan and deliver one-to-one sessions to learners
- Have experience of providing support to 16-24 year olds with disabilities
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels verbally and in writing
- The ability to manage and advocate on behalf of challenging behaviour
- Confidently offering a range of strategies to assist tutors in making specific reasonable adjustments to ensure the student can fully access all the learning available
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 10 December 2020
Applications will be monitored as received, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if application numbers are high and suitable applications are received.
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
Wakefield or Castleford
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...