F O R E S T H I L L S C H O O L
A SPECIALIST SCHOOL IN THE PERFORMING ARTS
Dacres Road Forest Hill London SE23 2XN
Roll 1370: Boys 11-16, Mixed 16-19
Tel: 020 8699 9343 www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk
Salary Range: Scale 5, point 23-25, £24,738 to £26,136 pro rata (Actual salary from £21,106) Monday to Friday, 35 hrs per week, Term Time only 39 weeks. Start date : 1st September 2017
Forest Hill School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible and pro-active individual who enjoys working with young people to ensure their success. If you are looking to train as a teacher in the future this post may be of interest as it will provide valuable classroom experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic team and play a vital role in shaping the future of Forest Hill School.
You will be required to:
• Supervise whole class study during the short term absence of a teacher
• Work with the Deputy Headteacher, Performance link, to plan and oversee whole school reporting at regular intervals
• Ensure that there is adequate cover for absent teaching staff, including liaison with Teacher Supply Agencies, to achieve ‘best value’ for long and short term cover
• Provide day to day management and supervision to the exams officer, providing oversight of the public and internal examinations throughout the year.
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
• Has experience in working in a school and excellent knowledge of SIMs
• Is a natural when it comes to customer care, articulate, good with people and always happy to help
• Can work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
• Is able to work flexibly, solve problems and be proactive
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What we can offer you:
• A highly supportive Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team
• Opportunities to make a significant contribution to our ongoing improvements
• Opportunities to further your professional development
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk for more information and to make direct online applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: 12 noon, Wednesday 28th June 2017
Interviews will be held on: week commencing 3rd July 2017
Please note references will be sought prior to the interview. Should you wish to visit the school please email your request to email@example.com to arrange a convenient time.
Safeguarding Statement : Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Equal Opportunities Statement : Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.