Subject Advisor – Computing
Full-Time, Fixed Term (until August 2020), part time 0.8 considered
What it's about
As an OCR Subject Advisor you will provide in-house expertise related to our range of computing qualifications, with a particular emphasis on our vocational (Cambridge National and Technical) offerings such as Information Technologies and iMedia. This will be particularly in the interaction with subject communities and the provision of customer support, focussing on the delivery and assessment of the products within OCR’s computing portfolio.
Providing high quality customer service will be very important to you, you will be passionate about computing and able to be an ambassador for it with schools, the regulator and stakeholders at all levels.
What you'll be doing
- Key responsibilities of an OCR Subject Advisor include:
- Working with schools and teachers to help them deliver our qualifications
- Leading teacher networks and contributing to assessor training
- Growing OCR’s business through partnerships and stakeholder engagement
- Providing subject input into the development and revision of qualifications
- Quality assurance of subject content developed by external subject experts
What we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following expertise and experience:
Qualifications - A degree relevant to the subject
- Excellent subject expertise and the ability to discuss subject issues at high level with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a range of audiences
- The ability to use a range of media in customer communications
- Knowledge of assessment within your subject
- Experience of successfully delivering projects on time
- Recent teaching experience of Cambridge Nationals or Technicals (or equivalent) is desirable.
- A can-do attitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours required to build successful partnerships and relationships
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18 August and interviews will be held on 28 August.
Please upload your CV and covering letter
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER