Subject Lead for Humanities (History specialist)
Salary: Main Scale Teacher/UPS (£22,467 - £38,250) plus TLR (to be negotiated).
A recruitment and retention allowance may be available for outstanding candidates
Parkwood Academy is a diverse and vibrant community. We are passionate about the whole child; fostering learning in its broadest sense. We are based in the North of Sheffield, easily accessible from the M1/A1 motorway network. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative practitioner who has the talent and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of young people.
Sponsored by E-ACT, a trust whose mission is to break the link between poverty and underachievement, E-ACT works in socially disadvantaged areas to accelerate student attainment and contribute to transforming life chances for its students, staff and community. Thus Parkwood staff are supported by a trust dedicated to the development of all stakeholders, this includes a 3 day dedicated, personalised continuous professional development offer, in addition to typical CPD offered annually to all colleagues.
We want every child to achieve and attain to his or her full potential and we have worked hard to build a culture of aspiration and ambition. Awarded ‘Good’ from Ofsted in 2014 and 2018, we are continuing our journey to be the best we can be. You will be joining a team of dedicated and enthusiastic teaching staff, working within our humanities department, working closing with the Senior Director of Culture.
We are looking for someone who:-
- Believes in young people;
- Has a passion for teaching history, ensuring pupils enjoy and achieve and has a commitment to raising the progress and attainment of students of all abilities through outstanding classroom practice;
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with a passion for improving their own practice;
- Consistently teaches high quality lessons which results in excellent outcomes for students;
- Is committed to the use of new technologies to improve their own teaching and learning;
- Will work with the Senior Director of Culture to help develop appropriate curriculum content for each level of learning which is challenging, engaging and differentiated to meet the needs of all students;
- Will not be satisfied until all students are making good/outstanding progress;
- Will actively support the vision, and core values of the Academy;
- Will bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards at Parkwood Academy.
The Academy is a “high energy” and rewarding place to work and staff working here can see the positive impact they make on young people. Parkwood E-ACT Academy recognises and values continued professional development and as such training opportunities will be made available throughout your career with us.
For more information please contact Wendy Jackson via:
Visits to the academy are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting:
- Wendy Jackson – 0114 2310221 ext 2051
The closing date for this post is Friday 20th April 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place w/c 7th May 2018
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service application in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
E-ACT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity.