Do you have a passion for History and want to enthuse students?
Do you want to join an outstanding, passionate and supportive team?
Do you want to grow with a growing school?
The Woolwich Polytechnic vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational at Post 16 and is rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Subject Lead of History. For the right candidate, an additional responsibility with enhanced TLR to lead the EBC/citizenship department would also be desirable. An individual with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, who will support and lead the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals and be actively involved in teaching humanities.
We would like a Department Lead who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues, a teacher who is reflective of their own strengths and who is keen to share their areas of expertise and their enthusiasm with others. The ideal candidate will be expected to lead the extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
If you have ambition and the desire to lead a non-core department, then Woolwich Poly is waiting to hear from you.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality.
We are looking for a Department Lead who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching History
• The ability to develop into a Head of Department
• The ability to be an outstanding History teacher
• The willingness and skills to lead and motivate a core team
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is 16 April 2021. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 26 April 2021.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form on our school website www.woolwichpoly.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Woolwich Poly is located in Thamesmead, a thriving multi-cultural and diverse area in the London Borough of Greenwich, where around 65% of our students have English as an additional language; Ofsted noted our outstanding ethos and curriculum.”T...