SUBJECT LEADER - BIOLOGY
Required January 2019
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and well-qualified teacher to take responsibility for the leadership of Biology and assist in the management of the Science Faculty in this large 11-19 Academy. The Subject Leader of Biology will be primarily responsible for establishing and supporting the resources and environment for learning for all Biology courses within the Science Faculty.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach across the whole 11 - 18 age and ability range including A Level. The successful candidate should be:
· A dynamic and innovative Biology teacher with excellent communication skills
· Able to demonstrate a strong commitment to learning and raising standards
· Experienced in teaching across the ability range
We can offer you:
· a highly supportive and friendly working environment
· opportunities to teach across KS3, 4 and 5
· free access to the Employee Assistance Programme provided by the Education Support Network, offering individual support, information and advice including financial, legal and home-life and work-related issues.
Plume Academy is a friendly and supportive academy where the professional development of all our staff is given a very high priority. Plume’s very positive Ofsted inspection in January 2018 judged the academy as ‘good’ in all areas, including the Sixth Form.
Plume Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and Trustees to share this commitment. All appointments are therefore subject to satisfactory DBS and Immigration Checks, together with the receipt of references and only applications submitted on the Academy’s application form will be considered.
Visits to the Academy are welcome.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website at www.plume.essex.sch.uk or contact email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Monday 12 November 2018