Subject Leader: Business
Start Date September 2018
Salary MPS & BGS allowance
Location South Lincolnshire
Contract type Full time
Contract term Permanent
Closing Date Friday 5 January 2018 (we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we consider that we have received an appropriate number of suitable candidates for the post)
WE INVEST IN OUR STAFF:
BE SUPPORTED BE APPRECIATED ENJOY YOUR TEACHING
At Bourne Grammar School we know that support and appreciation brings the best out of staff and students alike. We invest in you, because we understand that our – Best Atmosphere, Best Support, Best Results – depends on your performance. Here at BGS, your efforts are recognised and valued, as are your aspirations. Rated “outstanding” by Ofsted, we strive at all times to be just that. Above all, we offer an environment in which you can enjoy your teaching, with staff and students who are genuinely grateful for your commitment.
We are looking to appoint a Subject Leader of Business. The successful candidate will also be required to teach Business up to A level.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated and energetic teacher who has the drive to lead Business whilst offering the ability to teach either Politics, Psychology, or Law at A Level.
We can offer you:
· Students that are enthusiastic, appreciative and genuinely keen to learn
· Very supportive colleagues
· Outstanding accommodation and facilities
· Excellent professional development and guidance
· A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
· A large and highly successful Sixth Form
· A school committed to doing the best for its students
· Your own iPad and laptop
We want from you:
· Passion for your subject
· Creativity and enthusiasm
· Enjoyment in your teaching, wherever you are at in your career
· Teamwork within the department
· High expectations of yourself and pupils
· Good IT skills
South-West Lincolnshire offers:
· Affordable housing in a beautiful area
· Attractive town with easy access to London, Nottingham, Cambridge and Leicester from nearby Peterborough, all within an hour’s commute
· London is 45 minutes by train from Peterborough
· Outstanding schools at all ages
Expenses will be paid to all those interviewed
We welcome visits from prospective applicants. Arrangements can be made by telephoning Mrs Stella Chamberlain on 01778 391648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org In any event please do not hesitate to make contact with Stella by telephone and or email. We do all we can to ease the process for all applicants.
Go to our website for more information regarding the School: www.bourne-grammar.lincs.sch.uk
Applying is easy, please send your cv or our application form to:
Mrs Stella Chamberlain Bourne Grammar School
South Road, Bourne, Lincs PE10 9JE
Tel: 01778 391648 Fax: 01778 394872
Bourne Grammar School
recruits staff from all Sectors: Comprehensive, Selective and Independent.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all who work here to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.