Subject Leader - Business
Dates: Apply by Tuesday 23rd October 2018
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Academy Trust Payscale based on skills and experience, plus potential for additional Reach Points
Start Date: January 2019
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Subject Leader - Business to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers.
This rare opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play an integral role as we establish Business Studies as a subject at our school. Since September 2018 Business Studies has been taught for the first time at the school, at a time when we have moved into our brand new school. The subject is offered across the school at Key Stage 3 as Business and IT, at Key Stage 4 as both a vocational and GCSE option and at Post 16 as a vocational choice, with the potential to introduce further courses as the school grows. Through our Electives programme there is space to develop an interest and understanding of business, enterprise and entrepreneurship beyond the curriculum.
This is an excellent career opportunity offering valuable leadership and management experience that would provide the ideal preparation for further middle or senior leadership roles.
We are looking for an expert practitioner with successful teaching experience across the age and ability range, and someone who demonstrates a good understanding of the potential of technology to enhance learning.
You will have a passion for Business Studies, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in Business Studies and beyond.
The Reach Free School is looking for its Subject Leaders to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
- Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum at Key Stage 4 and Post-16
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school grows
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Apply by Tuesday 23rd October 2018
Interviews to take place: Friday 26th October 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.