Subject Leader - Classics
MPS / UPS & TLR 2A
(salary negotiable according to experience)
Required for September 2021
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th May 2021 by 09:00am
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 24th May 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to lead the teaching of Latin and Classics in our school. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach at KS3-KS5, and be able to develop a vision for promoting Latin and Classics up to A Level.
We require a strong commitment to teaching and learning as well as a creative and positive approach both in and out of the classroom. If you are an exceptional teacher and leader who can enthuse our students with your own passion for Latin and Classics, then we would love to hear from you.
We believe the following qualities are essential in the successful applicant:
• An excellent classroom teacher;
• The ability to gain the trust and respect of school staff, pupils and parents;
• Experience of teaching from KS3 to KS5;
• Outstanding subject knowledge with an ability to share this with pupils in an exciting and academically rigorous way;
• Evidence of successful intervention in various areas, e.g. improving exam skills, examination results;
• Evidence of relevant professional development;
• An interest in pedagogy and current issues relating to teaching and learning;
• Knowledge of meeting the needs of pupils with SEND;
• Organised, flexible, able to work under pressure;
• A commitment to our pupils, with the belief that education has the capacity to transform their journey;
• The ability to contribute to another curriculum area, for example Humanities, RE or MFL.
About Maria Fidelis
Maria Fidelis Catholic School FCJ is an established and successful secondary school based in Camden. We take pride in our friendly school community and are committed to our pupils reaching their full potential. Our core principles of courage, confidence and dignity guide us in our daily practice.
Why work at Maria Fidelis?
Maria Fidelis is situated in a fantastic location between Euston and Kings Cross Station, which makes it very easy to reach. The British Library, Francis Crick Institute, Wellcome Trust, UCL, SOAS, LSE and Central St. Martin’s School of Art are all within a five-minute walk of the school site; the school therefore enjoys extracurricular links with several institutions, many of which offer exciting opportunities not only for our pupils, but also professional development activities for our teachers. Partnerships with City firms such as Deloitte enrich the curriculum and also allow our staff to keep ’in touch’ with the world outside of education.
Maria Fidelis is a welcoming and supportive community. We value the professional autonomy of high-performing staff and understand the different approaches departments may need to take. We make managing workload a high priority. All meetings, Parents’ and Open Events happen on a Thursday and staff are free to leave the site earlier on all other evenings, providing standards of marking and preparation are maintained.
We are forward-looking and progressive with many opportunities for professional development and sharing practice. Maria Fidelis belongs to networks within Camden, but also in other boroughs including Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and with other high performing Catholic Schools in the Westminster Diocese.
We are a diverse school community in terms of both staff and pupils and therefore welcome applications from anyone who supports our ethos.
Key Benefits – health and wellbeing
• A commitment to managing workload: all meetings scheduled for Thursdays, trials to manage marking and reporting;
• Cycle to work Scheme, with savings of between 32% and 42% on the standard retail price of a new bike;
• Corporate rates for membership of a gym - GLL – Better Leisure. Camden’s award-winning leisure centre is just 5 minutes away and boasts a gym, swimming pool, library and cafes;
• Free hearing tests, eye tests and health checks
Key Benefits – financial
• An interest-free season ticket/travel-card loan scheme;
• A Childcare Voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old;
• A collection of staff discount and cash-back deals available every day of the year, on shops and health clubs, travel and insurance.
Please see attached our Job Pack which includes a letter from Helen Gill (Headteacher), full details of the role, a job description and a person specification.
For further information, including an application form please contact the Headteacher's Executive PA Ms. Leanna Morris :
Tel.: 0207 387 3856
Email : email@example.com
Completed application forms should be emailed to Ms. Leanna Morris
Closing Date: 09:00AM - Monday 17th May 2021
Interview Date: Week beginning Monday 24th May 2021
Maria Fidelis Catholic School FCJ
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years