PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
SUBJECT LEADER (Computing)
TEACHERS MAIN/UPPER PAY SCALE + TLR2b
REQUIRED FROM SEPTEMBER 2018 (or earlier for the right candidate)
Priory is a very successful school, graded “Good” by OFSTED. The school is consistently oversubscribed yet has a genuinely comprehensive intake. The computing area is made up of 3 staff: 2 full time teachers and 1 part-time teacher.
The Governors wish to appoint the following:
A full time, permanent, Subject Leader for Computing from 1 September 2018. An earlier start could be negotiated for the right candidate. The key responsibilities include:
- leading the development of specified projects to raise attainment, enhance provision and increase participation in the Curriculum Area
- to be accountable for the oversight of learning of all students in the Computing area
- to support the co-ordination of the work of teaching staff and other relevant personnel within the Subject Area.
- to assist in targeting learning resources to support the diverse make-up of the student body
- to lead the coordination of extra-curricular activities
Candidates will be outstanding teachers of computing science and will require a high level of programming ability along with experience teaching languages such as Python. Knowledge of other languages such as SQL would be desirable.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 11th December 2017
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk
Please return application forms to the Personnel Officer at Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2XN or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not received a response within 3 weeks of submitting your application then we regret that your application has not been successful.
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for this authority.