We are looking for a qualified, experienced Teacher to join our supportive and talented team at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich as Subject Leader / Deputy Director of ICT.
We are looking for someone who will:
- To deputise for the Director. To assist in leading the creation and establishment of outstanding provision within the subject area. This to include all programmes systems and structures taking account of the academy’s values and vision leading to outstanding teaching and learning.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the subject area across KS3, KS4 and post 16, including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the subject area, in accordance with the academy aims and policies, as determined by the Principal and Governing Body.
- To ensure that all school policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the subject area.
- To ensure agreed tutor programme is implemented and that tutors are effective in their role.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area.
- To lead development for literacy, within subject areas, to raise standards of Literacy across the Academy.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly. For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful applicant will be resilient, creative and a dynamic practitioner, and must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant degree. You will be fully supported through a comprehensive Induction Programme both within and across the Harris Federation.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As a leading Multi Academy Trust, Harris is highly regarded for our track record in school improvement and well recognised for developing some of the best practitioners and senior leaders in the country. At the heart of our success is you. And, to promote, retain and reward all our staff, we offer exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development through a variety of career pathways and continuous succession planning.
You are amongst some of the best staff in education, who all share a vision to play their part in transforming education in London. Whether it’s your first role as a head of department, SENCO, NQT, or even your first principalship, the Federation is a highly supportive network of academies, senior leaders and mentors who are committed to developing and supporting you through a long and successful career within the Federation.
We will invest in you with top coaching, mentoring and a wide range of quality training programmes delivered through our Teaching School. With Harris, you have a platform to collaborate, share best practice and be at the forefront of new and innovative approaches within education. So no matter what stage you are at in your career with us, we can equip you with the experience, knowledge and training to achieve your next career goal.
About Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich:
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is judged Outstanding by Ofsted. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2018, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.8, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- The number seven boys' comprehensive school for student progress, which has been in the top 6% for student progress every year for the past five years
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- A superb group of students, teachers and support staff, led by an exceptionally experienced and supportive leadership team
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 0208 299 5300 or email@example.com.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.