St Ignatius College is a Jesuit school in identity and mission, for boys 11-18
Subject Leader for Business & Economics - Required for September 2020 (or sooner)
Salary Scale MPS / UPS + TLR 2c ii
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued. We are looking for a dynamic and exceptionally skilled candidate who has a passion their subject and can communicate that passion to students and has outstanding potential to lead and develop the Business and Economics Department. The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner, hard-working, flexible and will enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for students. Business Studies and Economics are popular choices for our students at both Key Stage 4 and 5. We offer GCSE Business Studies, A Level Economics and the BTEC National Diploma in Business.
St Ignatius College is:
• A well-respected, oversubscribed Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
• A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
• A school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
• A school where students are courteous, respectful and keen to succeed
• Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher
• Have a vision for what outstanding learning, teaching and assessment should look like in the teaching of Business and Economics
• Well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated
• Have the ability to teach all key stages including GCSE and A Level
What we offer:
• Leadership Programmes
• Progression Opportunities
• Teacher Training Programmes
• Comprehensive CPD programme
• NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
• Teaching and Learning Forum
• Professional Thursdays
Our department offers:
• An all-inclusive department where staff are totally committed to ensuring successful outcomes for our students
• Highly organised, committed, energetic and well equipped department
• Opportunities to share best practice
• A department where students flourish and are enthusiastic about the subject
• A suite of classrooms
• Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
• Free car parking
• 100 % interest free season ticket loan
• Tax free bikes for work
• Teacher’s Pension Scheme
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please download an application pack from:
Completed application forms should be emailed to:
Applicants are required to complete the online application form and to submit a letter of application, no longer than 2 sides of A4.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St. Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 24th February 2020
Interviews will take place w/c 2 March 2020
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone or email to attend interview if required.
We welcome visits to the College prior to application
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE
Turkey Street, Enfield, Middlesex EN1 4NP
Tel. 01992 717835
Fax. 01992 652070
Headteacher: Mary O’Keeffe