Start date: April / September 2021
Ridgeway Academy is a member of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT), together with Sandringham, Verulam, Wheatfields Junior and Wheatfields Infants’ and Nursery schools. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. The AAT motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation.
We opened in September 2018, as part of the Alban Academies Trust, to great excitement from our community with the aim of becoming a truly outstanding school in the future. Our motto is ‘Everyone can achieve’ and we are looking to appoint an outstanding person who can help us achieve our ambitions.
We can offer you:
- A collaborative, supportive team with a passion for teaching and facilitating progress
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to progress
- Appropriate professional development
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a passionate Teacher of Computing and ICT who puts student progress and engagement at the heart of all they do
- Can share and deliver in the vision to be an outstanding department
- Is willing to learn and help evolve the good practices already in place
- If you would like to join us on our continuing journey and have access to career prospects through the trust, we would love to hear from you.
Applications are welcome from both Qualified and Newly Qualified teachers.
As part of the AAT we offer an enhanced summer induction programme for all our NQTs. This programme begins in June/July 2021 and runs for three weeks and attracts an attendance payment of £2,000. Support is provided by subject and senior leader mentors and we offer subject specific as well as general training through ATSA and Herts for Learning events. Attendance payment pro-rata for part time. All NQTs are provided with a laptop.
Please note: induction programme attendance payment not applicable to Qualified Teachers.
We are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the DBS, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
An application form is available on our website, www.ridgeway.herts.sch.uk
Applications must include a cover letter, no more than two sides of A4. If you have any queries, please contact the Headteacher’s PA on extension 303.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Closing date: 9:00am Thursday 14 January 2021
Interview date: Thursday 21 January 2021
We are an inclusive comprehensive Academy totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
'Everybody can achieve'
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years