We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated & enthusiastic Subject Leader for Computing/ICT with ambition and passion for the subject to join our close knit community here at Saint Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic High School. Our modern state of the art school is situated in Whiston, Merseyside and excellent motorway access to both Liverpool and Manchester (M6, M62 and M57) puts us within easy reach of the whole of the North West.
A creative & dynamic approach to the teaching of Computing/ICT and an ability to enthuse others would be highly valued.
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of National Curriculum at KS4.
This post is part of the Middle Leadership Team within the school. It involves working in close co-operation with the Assistant Principals as Senior Leadership Team line managers.
What We Want From You:
- The ability to teach the National Curriculum at KS4.
- To develop a coherent Computing/ICT 11-16 Curriculum for courses of study at Levels 1 and 2.
- To deliver high quality lessons and to liaise on curriculum issues.
- To participate in the development and delivery of cross curricular projects with other curriculum areas.
- The ability to communicate a deep and genuine interest in finding ways to involve young people in learning.
What You'll Get In Return:
- Access to the latest innovations in classroom technology and state of the art teaching environment.
- Passionate students who are keen to learn.
- The opportunity to become part of a close knit school community.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Assistant Principal (Teaching and Learning) and follow school policies with regard to teaching and learning, assessment, reporting and pupil behaviour.
Saint Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date is Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 3.00pm.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 25th January 2019.
Interviews will take place on Friday 1st February 2019.