We seek to appoint an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to lead our English department as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. This position has become available due to the promotion of our current Subject Leader.
We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others within the English department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to lead the development of our innovative and exciting English curriculum, striving for outstanding progress at every level. English Literature and Language are extremely popular choices at A Level and the department has a successful track record of students progressing to Russell Group universities. It is also an excellent opportunity for someone who has the drive and aspiration to move into a senior leadership role in the future. The position is permanent and the start date is 1st September 2021.
This is an exciting time to join Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form College as it works collaboratively alongside both secondary and primary schools in Vision Learning Academy Trust, striving to provide a world class education through seamless transition from Primary to Secondary and post-16 education. The schools in our MAT work collaboratively and are committed and determined to provide an exceptional educational experience for all our learners.
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
The school was rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in both 2008 and 2013. We also hold the following national awards:
- Ofsted Outstanding School Status
- National Teaching School
- National Support School
Applications are invited from inspirational English teachers who can demonstrate:
- They are an enthusiastic and committed teacher and leader with vision, drive and commitment
- A passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
- An innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
- Proficiency in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
- An ability to inspire and support all students to achieve their full potential
- Be someone with outstanding subject knowledge to lead and develop the English curriculum at KS3, 4 and 5
· Have middle leadership experience
- An ability to raise attainment at KS3, 4 and 5, having a measurable impact at both an individual and departmental level
- That you can lead the monitoring and evaluation of quality teaching and standards.
- An ability to develop innovation in teaching and learning, motivating and inspiring both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
· Able to motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
· Someone with aspirations of senior leadership
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
What Egglescliffe School can offer you:
- An inclusive, successful and outstanding school and sixth form
- Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
- Professional and rewarding opportunities
- Work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
- A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
- Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels
More Information Obtainable
We would welcome and prospective candidates to visit the school and meet the relevant staff prior to submitting an application. For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mrs L.Oyston, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8.30am Friday 21st May 2021
w/c 24th May
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years