We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Subject Leader for our popular History Department. The successful candidate will be able to promote their love of the subject and spark students interest in History. History is offered to all students in year 7 and 8 and is incredibly popular at GCSE and A Level. The ability to teach A Level is an advantage. There is also the potential for a head of year position with this role.
As an academy which is part of the Good Shepherd Trust we offer salaries above the Surrey Pay Scales. Along with your salary there are a number of attractive benefits which include:
• On site parking and easy access to London via road and public transport
• To support staff development, contributions are given towards further professional development such as a Master's
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle2work scheme with up to 32% off a bike
• Overseas sponsorship for the right candidate
Discount schemes which offer:
• Up to 10% off your next holiday
• 20% off a new mobile contract
• 40% off cinema tickets
• Discounts at a range of high street shops such as Boots, Topshop, Apple and many more.
Christ's College is a thriving 11-18 school serving the non-Christian and Christian community of Guildford, Woking and the surrounding areas. We are proud of our Church heritage and hope that this has helped us to create an environment that is inclusive and supportive of all. The school is growing in numbers and has been significantly oversubscribed for the last three years. Our aim for the children at Christ’s College is that they should develop the character traits of perseverance, resilience and optimism.
Closing date for applications - Wednesday, 23rd May - 12.00 noon
Interviews will be held on Friday, 25th May 2018
If you would like to tour the school or have further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01483 537 373.