Job Reference: MAY20191602
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual who will play a crucial role in realising the department’s strategic objectives. You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in delivering Maths and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates. We are looking for a Subject Leader in Maths & further Maths who not only has the ability to lead and co-ordinate Maths courses in the A level centre but also has the creativity and vision to promote Maths on a wider scale throughout the whole faculty.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff of the Maths course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Hold an appropriate teaching qualification such as DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent
- Has the experience of teaching Maths
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader in Maths & further Maths, please go to and select ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 16th June 2019
Teachers' Pension Scheme & 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.