We are looking to appoint an inspirational, innovative and strong leader to lead our highly successful and dynamic Mathematics department.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an outstanding school and lead an enthusiastic and talented department that achieves excellent results across all areas at both GCSE and A level, benefits from excellent facilities and offers a wide range of co-curricular opportunities.
The Mathematics department at Ripley St Thomas comprises fourteen members of staff with a range of skills, experience and interests but all sharing a common purpose. Maths is very popular at A Level, with large numbers of students building on their GCSE successes and pursuing courses in either Mathematics or Further Mathematics. Within the department there is a strong and supportive team dynamic; we extend a friendly welcome to all professionals who share our belief in hard work and our aspiration to excellence.
We can offer:
- A school with a distinctive Christian mission, ethos and strong traditions, dating back to 1864
- The opportunity to work in a school graded as outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS (Church school inspection)
- A highly achieving 11-18 school with consistently excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- Fantastic pupils who are hardworking, enthusiastic and impeccably behaved
- Supportive and aspirational parents
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional staff team
- A professional working environment in which all staff are valued, listened to and able to fully use their gifts and talents.
- The opportunity to contribute to outstanding teacher training as part of the Ripley TSA SCITT
- The opportunity to teach A Level in our large and expanding Sixth Form
- Excellent teaching resources and facilities, from the Grade 2* listed Chapel to brand new buildings and facilities
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff including fully equipped gym, swimming pool and running track
Career development recruitment incentives:
- A bespoke CPD programme for all staff, exciting career opportunities and individual teaching and leadership coaching
- Access through the Teaching School to a range of middle and senior leadership programmes
This position is required for April 2019
Closing date: 9am on Monday 25 February 2019
Interview date (provisional): Wednesday 27 February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CVs.
Along with your application form, please also provide a letter (of no more than 2 sides, using Tahoma 11 font) outlining your experience relative to the job description and person specification.