SUBJECT LEADER OF BUSINESS STUDIES
Required for January 2020
Qualified Teachers' Pay Spine + Outer London Allowance
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an 11-18 Roman Catholic Girls’ School which was rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in November 2013 for the third consecutive time. The School is situated in a delightful area and is very well served by fast (20 minutes) and award-winning public transport links to Central London but without the high Central London property rents and purchase prices. The School is a short walk from Upminster town centre and station where Overground (C2C) and Underground (District Line) services are available; the school is also a short drive from the M25,A12 and A13. The locality is also well served by frequent bus services. We are a thriving and happy school community with a strong family ethos and an excellent reputation leading to heavy oversubscription.
We are seeking to appoint a talented, highly motivated and inspirational professional who will lead the Business Studies with energy and vision. Business Studies is a strong, successful and innovated department schieving excellent results.
We are looking for a Middle Leader who will:
• Enjoy inspiring and motivating others
• Have a real and authentic passion for the teaching of Business Studies
• Actively support the Catholic ethos of the school and promote Gospel values through personal example
• Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change, and able to work under pressure
• Be committed to school improvement and have a proven track record of success in contributing to high standards
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
In return we offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team
• A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A warm welcome from a thriving and happy school community with a strong family ethos
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Completed application form (available on the school website or TES), letters of application and the names and addresses of two referees should be sent to the Headteacher at the School by email or completed through the TES website.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 18 October
For further details about the school please refer to the website www.sacredheartofmary.net