Subject Leader of Food Preparation & Nutrition
Possible recruitment allowance for successful candidate
TLR 2.3 (£2,667)
Required for September 2018
Do you want to work in one of the top non-selective of schools in the country for progress nationally, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment?
- Be well qualified and enthusiastic.
- Have outstanding teaching, management and interpersonal skills.
- Be enthusiastic and able to inspire and manage a talented team of teachers.
- Be able to teach Food Preparation & Nutrition across the 11-16 age range.
- Be passionate about Food Preparation & Nutrition and committed to improving teaching and learning.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative Food and DT team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work in a flourishing department.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available
- A mobile device to deliver engaging lessons.
At St Philomena’s Design and Technology is delivered through three material areas at Key Stage 3; Product Design, Food and Textiles. All students have 90 minutes of Design and Technology each week with set homework. Students rotate around the three material areas and spend one term in each subject, following an exciting curriculum. This allows them to explore a variety of materials and equipment in several Design & Technology environments. Each project introduces students to workshop practices, design skills, health & safety and a variety of materials and equipment from which they make a wide range of products for a specific client or target group. This thriving department currently offers Food Preparation and Nutrition to GCSE, and Design and Technology (Product Design) and Art Textiles at both GCSE and A level. BTEC Level 3 Hospitality is also offered. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher committed to leading continuous improvement in the quality of the Design and Technology curriculum, standards of teaching and student progress.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an Outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website. Visits are warmly welcomed and highly recommended - please contact Ms Adams, Personnel Officer on email@example.com.
Applications from non-Catholics are welcome. All staff are required to be supportive of the Catholic ethos and we have a full time Chaplain that can help support individuals within their role.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Applications to be received as soon as possible
Individual contact will be made with potential candidates confirming date of interview
Reference No: AHR 17-415
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.” OFSTED March 2008
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils. Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.” Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,395 students with 320 in the Sixth Form.
Headteacher Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.