An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding teacher to join our wonderful school, teaching both Science and Food Technology. We welcome applicants from Science teachers, including NQTs.
Woodlane High School is a successful purpose built community special school for pupils aged 11-16 years. In 2014 OFSTED graded Woodlane as a ‘good’ school. We aim to achieve an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating in our next full inspection.
We are seeking to appoint a positive, organised and motivated professional who:
- Is an effective Science practitioner with a keen interest in Food Technology.
- Is an effective practitioner looking to develop our Food Technology curriculum at Woodlane.
- Is keen to introduce relevant Food Technology qualifications (e.g. GCSE etc.)
- Has knowledge and experience of the National Curriculum in Science at KS3.
- Is dedicated to raising achievement in Science and Food Technology.
- Has the ability to teach a range of subjects at KS3 and KS4.
- Is an outstanding classroom teacher.
- Has a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Is able to support Woodlane’s Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Is able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Is able to raise the profile of Food Technology on a whole school basis, gaining/maintaining relevant excellence accreditations.
The school is able to offer you:
- A school which values a creative approach to teaching.
- A commitment to cross-curricular learning.
- A bright and modern school.
- Excellent opportunities for personal professional development.
- A friendly and supportive staff team, dedicated to improving pupils’ life chances.
- A management team that encourages team working, innovation and encourages staff to use solution based thinking.
- Opportunities to work flexibly with small teaching groups.
- An experienced team of teaching assistants.
- A school ethos which celebrates achievement and encourages respect for others.
If you are working in either the mainstream or special school sector, feel you have relevant experience, and would like to discuss the position, please call the Headteacher (Claire Maynard) on 020 8743 5668 or e-mail email@example.com
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
To request an application pack please contact Brigid Simmons on 020 8743 5668 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications: Tuesday 1st May at 12 noon.
Interviews planned for: Tuesday 8th May 2018.