We are looking for a Subject Leader of Geography in a school which offers excellent opportunities for professional development. The new post-holder will be a strong classroom practitioner with a commitment to achieving the highest standards both academically and in terms of the learning habits and personal dispositions of our students.
Ealing Fields High School is the most recent member of the Twyford Trust family of schools. It was opened as a Free School in 2016 by a group of parents with a strong desire to provide an excellent new school for the South Ealing community, and became part of the Twyford CE Academies Trust on 1st September 2017. Ealing Fields has quickly assimilated the same systems and resources as the two existing Twyford Trust schools (William Perkin and Twyford CE High Schools, both of which are Ofsted ‘Outstanding’). Ealing Fields is also the smallest of the Trust schools, with only 120 in each year group and therefore has a very compact community identity. Relations between staff and students are very positive and it is easy for every member of the school to be well known by all of the staff. Staff joining at this time are likely to have a highly motivated drive towards building an outstanding school community within an already highly successful Trust.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic teacher as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2021). With our oldest Year group starting Year 9 in September 2018 this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, and is a great opportunity for an innovative teacher and curriculum planner who is looking to take on a role within departmental leadership. The successful candidate will have responsibility for leading the department in planning and delivering the curriculum, and for monitoring the progress of students. The new post-holder will ensure that the quality of teaching and learning in the department is consistently high, and will support the development of a culture of sharing good practice. S/He will also support the SLT link in the programme of lesson observations. Additionally, they will be responsible for the delivery of a rich wider learning offer in geography – the role will also focus on creating a high quality extended school provision.
The post-holder will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with an ability to lead training in teaching and learning, and will be enthused by the prospect of leading and managing others to achieve common goals.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status or overseas equivalent
- Outstanding skills as a classroom teacher and a tutor
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum to Key Stage 5
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding and experience of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Experience of the use of student results analysis to inform practice and target improvement
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum in your subject in at least two key stages
- Experience of leading a tutor group
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive and lively Leadership Team
- A full-range of Trust services providing support and development.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 30 March 2018
Interview date: tbc – week beginning 16 April 2018
We may be able to interview before 30th March for applications received before this date.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check