MPR / UPR TLR 1b £9378 (pending September increase)
‘There has been significant improvement in Maths since the last inspection as an example of the impact of effective school improvement activity’ Ofsted 2017
‘The school is an orderly environment and a culture of respect is evident’ Ofsted 2017
The Rawlett School is a successful and popular 11-16 community school and in recent years we have become the school of choice in our local community. We have maintained our ‘good’ judgement by Ofsted in 2017 and in 2016 we celebrated sustained results. Our P8 score was one of the top in Staffordshire and the highest locally. We are proud of our broad and balanced GCSE based curriculum.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
- A ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2013 and April 2017). Outstanding features were noted.
- A school with a Positive Progress 8 outcome because our students exceed expectations.
- A leading school in the Midlands hub of AET schools with a real focus on making sure all our staff develop professionally.
- A school where British values are at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves in the wider world.
We are looking to appoint into the important role of Subject Leader of Maths. We will support the successful candidate’s professional development by ensuring that they are given opportunities to:
- Attend two national maths conferences, each academic year, with 65 other subject leaders in January and July
- Attend three cluster afternoons every year to observe lessons in other schools and share best practice
- Have access to the country’s leading Maths mastery curriculum and assessment materials
- Receive support from the regional Maths leader with at least half-termly support
- Have access to outstanding training, both regionally and nationally
- Join a fantastic Maths forum, sharing ideas with schools all over the country
- develop Maths and numeracy across a network of academies, locally, regionally and nationally (for the right candidate).
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of our Core and Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn. To arrange a visit please contact Gail Gough at email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required for September 2018
Closing date is Monday 19 March 2018
Interviews will be arranged as and when convenient and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To make an application please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.