Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational boarding and day schools. Situated in Edinburgh, a city rich in history, learning and culture, Fettes College is a centre of educational excellence, a reputation it has held for one hundred and fifty years.
Fettes College Guangzhou (FCG), opened in September 2020, as the first overseas campus of Fettes College. The new school is closely linked to Fettes College and sharing its ethos and vision: To provide the highest quality holistic, and broad-based education that will stretch and challenge its students, equipping them with the qualifications, skills and personal qualities that enable them to flourish and succeed at school and beyond. The partnership of Fettes College and Bright Scholar Group bring depth of educational experience from both the UK and China.
Fettes College Guangzhou is located on a spacious, world-class campus in Zengcheng, bordered by forests and hills, and yet is within one hour’s drive of Guangzhou city centre and Baiyun International Airport. The campus has been designed with flair and imagination to capture the unique character and features of Fettes’ Edinburgh campus.
We seek to appoint passionate teachers with the vision, ambition and drive to contribute to our rapidly expanding School. Outstanding interpersonal and relational skills are a must, along with a desire to innovate and embrace the challenges and delights that will come with being part of our team.
Fettes teachers are outstanding educators and dedicated team players who demonstrate a collegiate and collaborative approach to working with others. They have experience of, or the desire to learn more about facilitating student’s learning through Inquiry and of supporting students’ language learning, making use of every opportunity that presents itself.
Fettes College Guangzhou provides a unique educational experience for our students, inviting them to become part of the Fettes family for life. The commitment of our staff to our ethos is crucial to this. We are a community which believes in mutual support and co-operation. It is this happy, purposeful environment that encourages boys and girls to flourish and develop fully the skills and interests that they possess.
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
• Completed teacher application form (available on TES Online).
• Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides, Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Head of Fettes College Guangzhou. Please state clearly in your letter your teaching experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
• CV (maximum four sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. This should be attached to your electronic application.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered and Fettes College Guangzhou reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the process: email@example.com
Applications will be considered upon receipt and selected candidates will be invited to interview in the coming weeks.
Candidates selected for interview will be invited to interview with the Head of College or other senior leaders to discuss their experience and interest in the role. Depending on your location, interviews will be conducted in the following cities or via video conference:
• Guangzhou, China
• Hong Kong, China
• Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Fettes College Guangzhou is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice, and all appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references as well as identity and criminal record checks.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Attend regular in-house Child Protection and Safeguarding programmes and training and sign a Code of Conduct.
• Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any concerns they have for the welfare of a student.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any unsafe practices witnessed within the school.
• Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
• International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract
• Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport)
• At least 2 confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher or employer) before the start of contract
• Verification of original qualifications
Candidates who are currently in China will be given priority.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Fettes College Guangzhou
- Mainstream school
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of age 2 - 18 years
Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational day and boarding schools. Situated in Edinburgh, Scotland’s gracious and vibrant capital city, rich in history, learning and culture, the College has enjoyed a reput...