Permanent | MPR / UPR | TLR 2A (£2,720) | September 2019
- Have the ambition to step into a leadership role within an ambitious Mathematics department?
- Wish to work as part of an exciting new team and contribute to Academy improvement?
- Have the qualities required to develop professionals and improve teaching and learning?
- Wish to inspire young minds to develop a love of learning?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented Subject Specialist of Mathematics who will play a key role in the Mathematics Department’s improvement journey by providing additional leadership capacity. A passion for Mathematics and a strong commitment to developing young Mathematicians to achieve their potential is essential.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, with high expectations of all learners and professionals within the team
- Be a team player and work closely with other leaders in Mathematics to develop and implement effective strategies and processes of departmental improvement
- Be committed to raising standards for all students of Mathematics
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team. Please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin to organise on 0114 2171556.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by contacting our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin, on 0114 217 1556 or Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Jessica Galvin at Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
Closing Date: Monday 20 May 2019 at 9:00 am
Interviews: w/c Monday 20 May 2019