Dates: Apply by 17 January 2018; Required for July / August 2018 (negotiable)
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent Salary: MPS + enhancement; suitable for newly qualified teachers.
Do you do whatever it takes for children to learn?
This is an exciting opportunity for highly qualified, talented, and committed NQTs with the ability to become exceptional teachers in a Dixons Academy. Applications are welcome for NQT positions in most subjects for an August 2018 start, or earlier by agreement. Dixons Academies currently offer 6000 places for 3-19-year-old students in 8 academies in Bradford and Leeds. We are opening a Post 16 free school in Bradford in 2019. Successful candidates will express a preference and be deployed to full time position in one Dixons academy.
Why teach in a Dixons Academy?
Our mission is to challenge educational and social disadvantage in the Bradford and Leeds region. We establish high-performing non-faith academies which maximise attainment, value diversity, develop character and build cultural capital. By the age of 18 we want every student to have the choice of university or a high quality apprenticeship.
Dixons Academies Trust offers you:
- the opportunity to join a successful group of academies with high aspirations and expectations and a national reputation for excellence
- positive, polite and hard-working students who are eager to learn and behave exceptionally well
- regular coaching and practice to support you to improve at every stage of your career
- the chance to be part of a successful team of enthusiastic, creative and supportive staff
We have high expectations of staff, but we value them highly. Our growing group of schools will offer many career opportunities in the coming years.
The successful candidate will be:
- someone with the belief that all children can make outstanding progress
- committed to Dixons’ mission and principles and determined to improve outcomes for students
- a teacher with excellent potential and the desire to continually improve
- someone who can show measurable impact on students at this early stage of their career
- reflective, resilient with the ability to inspire students to achieve their full potential
- committed to working in any Dixons academy and as part of the wider group of schools
To learn more about Dixons Academies and for a downloadable application form, visit our website, www.dixonsacademies.com
Dixons Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact us prior to applying and arrange a visit to find out more about our academies.
There are information evenings for this post on Wednesday 20 December 2017 at Dixons McMillan Academy and Thursday 11 January 2018 at Dixons City Academy, both at 5.30-6.30pm. Please contact Judith Kidd on 01274 220771 email@example.com with any queries.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 17 January 2018 (12 noon) Interviews / selection will be w/c 22 January 2018