The Sixth Form College Farnborough is now part of a multi-academy trust, The Prospect Trust. This exciting change heralds the start of a new era which will, in time, see The Prospect Trust become an educational hub for the community, contributing significantly to raising standards and improving the life chances of young people.
The College will, as one of the region’s most distinguished providers of 16-19 education, be at the heart of this undertaking sharing expertise, skill and leadership.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-qualified graduate able to teach A level and BTEC Law.
Key strengths are:
- Achievement of high grades with excellent value added.
- Outstanding teaching by a team of experienced and motivated staff.
- Exceptional levels of support for students both inside and outside of lessons.
- Innovative use of IT to promote learning embedded as a regular part of normal teaching.
The Curriculum Area of Law
There are currently five specialist teachers in the Law department who teach A level and BTEC law (AQA) to over four hundred students.
The Post of Law tutor
We are looking for a teacher who displays the following characteristics:
- A thoughtful and self-reflective approach to pedagogy.
- A desire to be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- A passion for the subject.
- Excellent subject knowledge and a desire to build on this.
- Enthusiasm for working with 16-19 year old students.
In addition we are looking for a candidate who recognises the critical importance of developing our students’ literacy and numeracy skills and will implement this as an integral part of their teaching.
Candidates will be part of a team where resources and ideas are freely shared for the greater good of the department. The successful applicant is expected to be flexible, not afraid to meet challenges, and innovative in their approach to curriculum delivery.
The right candidate will be happy to teach A level and BTEC law.
How do we support you?
As a new member of staff you will receive plenty of support from your colleagues both from the department and from the wider college community. This will include:
- a mentor to help you through the first year (in particular).
- support from your curriculum manager and director of faculty.
- an extensive programme for all new staff to help induct you into College life as well as to develop your approach to teaching.
For graduates we will organise and fund a teaching qualification – usually a PGCE – a saving for most graduates of at least £9,000. In addition we offer Qualified Teacher Status (i.e. completion of the statutory induction period) through Hampshire Local Authority and in partnership with one of our local schools.
We regard our staff as our most important resource and will do our utmost to support you throughout your time at the College.
Why should you join us?
We continue to be an outstanding provider of post-16 education and in 2018 the results gained by our students placed the College in the top 10% of A-level and BTEC/Cambridge Technical providers nationally.
If you are motivated by a challenge and feel you could support us to achieve even greater results in 2020, this is the right College for you. It is a truly great place to work.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants, however all disabled applicants who meet our minimum criteria will be invited for interview.
Please complete the attached application form, employment declaration and equality monitoring form and email all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 April 2019. Applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible.
The Prospect Trust takes the control and processing of employee data very seriously and is committed to act in line with the GDPR regulations; please read the attached applicant privacy notice which explains how your data is processed.
The College has an uncompromising commitment to the safeguarding of our students.