International School of MonzaMonza-Milan
Salary: EUR €13 - €18 per hour (18 euro per hour (teachers) / 13 euro per hour (assistants))
Contract type: Full Time / Part Time
Contract term: Supply
The International School of Monza would like to hear from English-speaking teachers and teaching assistants (living in the local area) who are interested in occasional substitute work. Longer term, there may the possibility of more permanent positions of employment.
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
Why work with us
* The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find;
* A small, modern and colourful school where teachers are highly respected as professionals and afforded a good degree of autonomy to teach in a creative and exciting way;
* A beautiful part of the world.
Our school and host city
More information about the school and our host city can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/international-school-of-monza-1066703 as well as on our website at https://www.internationalschoolofmonza.it. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
We are looking for English-speaking teachers and teaching assistants (living in the local area) who are interested in occasional substitute work. Teachers and teaching assistants should show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and organisational skills in caring for and providing safe and enriching educational experiences for students aged 3-16.
Longer term, there may the possibility of a more permanent positions of employment as professionals within our IB programmes and initial substitute work can often be a great way for you to get to know the school, as well as for the school to get to know you.
Our school is made up of a strong team of individual specialists who have built a uniquely collaborative environment. As such, we expect colleagues to be committed to such an approach, as well as to high standards and a desire to ensure an excellent profile for the programme that they teach both within and beyond our school community.
• to be living locally and able to substitute on quite short notice;
• to have had recent experience working with students aged 3-16;
• to have good English skills;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy;
• for teachers only: to be in possession of a university degree in a related field.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines your availability;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of two referees (within the box provided), one of which must be head of school and one of which must be direct line manager, both from current/most recent appointment.
Before employment begins, a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.