The Institute of Applied Technology is seeking for Supervisor Curriculum Specialist (Biology) who will be responsible for designing and developing the curriculum in Biology, and oversee its implementation within the broader framework of IAT educational goals
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design career-oriented curriculum and programs aligned to internationally-recognized educational objectives.
• Manage the selection of suitable instructional resources and support materials that meet learning objectives and outcomes.
• Prepare regular system-wide exams and guide in the overall assessment of learning.
• Develop teaching syllabi, planning overviews, and guidelines to facilitate the delivery of rigorous academics in campuses.
• Keep abreast of (and evaluate) current best practices in education, teaching, curriculum design, and assessment.
• Regularly liaise with system-wide teaching staff to ensure that both curricular goals and student learning needs are met.
• Identify Professional Development needs for teaching staff.
• Support High School System project based work as required.
• Any other duties as required by the ATHS management team.
• A Bachelors degree in Biology
• Master’s Degree in Curriculum Development
• A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in the relevant field at the secondary level.
• Experience in curriculum planning and design, and a proven leadership role are necessary