Supply Cover Supervisor(s)
Supply/Relief Term Time only
NYB05, £8.90-£9.50 p/h (Pending pay increase to £9.55-£9.94 p/h from April 2019)
We are seeking to appoint self-motivated Supply/Relief Cover Supervisory team members to work on an ad hoc basis to cover short-term absence of teaching staff. With the support of the Senior Cover Supervisor, the team is responsible for a wide range of duties, which include the supervision of students and allocation of work pre-prepared by the subject teacher.
Term Time Only, Supply/Relief contract. In return, we offer a competitive salary, access to a contributory local government pension scheme and other additional staff benefits. On days where working hours are 6 hours or over, you will receive a 30 minute unpaid break.
You will have a good understanding of classroom rules and procedures and the ability to manage time and communicate effectively to complete tasks to a high standard. You will have the confidence to manage pupil behaviour. The job will include:
- registration of pupils
- communication of pupil work, as set out by the teacher
- supervision of pre-prepared activities and self-directed learning in the absence of the teacher to enable continuity of learning
- provision of support and encouragement to pupils, and manage classroom organisation during the cover lesson
- management of pupil behaviour
- collection of any completed work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate person.
You will be a dynamic and highly motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision. All training will be provided.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by Monday 18th March 2019, 08:00am.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.