Swimming Teachers Required (Primary School West Bay Campus): Part – time temporary roles
Approximately 10 – 12 hours per week
(predominantly in the morning between 7.30 a.m. – 9.30 a.m.)
Are you an enthusiastic, well qualified and experienced Swimming Teacher who has a love of learning, is passionate and full of energy? Then this is the right opportunity for you!
As a high profile British international school, for children aged 3-18, we focus on developing a growth mind-set within our students and staff.
Doha College offers a well-balanced all-embracing curriculum. We follow a dynamic teaching programme based on the National Curriculum of England, tailored to the needs of our international student body. At the primary level, the school works with classes ranging from Early years through to Year 6.
We are seeking part-time qualified Swimming Teachers, with at least 1 year of teaching experience to join the PE Team, delivering our swimming programme from Reception age through to Year 6. Candidates should have the ability to manage their own groups, maintaining a high standard of behaviour and expectations and be a positive role model for the children.
In order to be a successful candidate you will have:
1. The ability to effectively structure safe, enjoyable group swimming lessons, ensuring maximum participation.
2. Recognised Swimming Teaching qualifications (ASA, STA or equivalent) and a current Pool Safety / Life-saving award, together with some previous teaching experience.
3. The ability to relate well with children, getting to know your groups and inspiring them to get the most from their lessons.
4. A responsibility for monitoring pupil progress in line with our School / Swimming Assessment requirements.
5. To assist with equipment and set up of the pool as required, using own initiative and working as part of a team.
6. To be reliable and punctual and a good role model.
We are a British international school. All our lessons are taught in English, hence a high standard of spoken and written English is an essential criteria.
Doha College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.