ABC Teachers are working with a growing number of SEN schools within Walsall and the surrounding areas who are looking for Supply Teaching Assistants. We work with schools offering a range of support to pupils with Special Educational Needs such as autism, learning difficulties and behavioural problems.
As an SEN TA you will have the professional ability to remain calm and confident in sometimes challenging situations as well as being approachable, patient and demonstrating a professional manor at all times.
As part of the role, you will be working with students on a 1:1 basis and with small groups as well as assisting the class teacher in all activities. We are looking for someone that is confident in their ability to work with SEN Students whose ages can range from 6-19 years old.
The role will begin in September and will be on an ongoing supply role basis with day to day and potential long term work available. A flexible individual and someone looking for a different challenge would ideally suit this role as well as someone looking to gain experience around a wide variety of Special Needs
The ideal candidate –
. Minimum level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
· Deliver quality assistance to the teacher and to students
· Build rapport with the children
· Current DBS
. Evidence of working within SEN
. Willing to travel to Wolverhampton and Dudley as well as Walsall for work
Why should you join ABC Teachers?
. Flexible working hours to meet your needs
. Detailed knowledge of local schools
. A dedicated consultant for your area
. We are the only Recruitment agency to be in partnership with TES
. We are the leading Education Recruitment Agency in the area
What to do next:
· To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. You will need to pay for this upfront, but once you are fully registered, have uploaded this onto the Update Service and have worked 1 full day with us then we will reimburse you the cost. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
· We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months, one of which must be a school based reference. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
· Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: email@example.com or call 01543 410500 to discuss registering with us further.
· Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire. We also have a second office in Loughborough where they cover the East Midlands also.
· ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
· We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
· Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
· If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
- Website: http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk/
- Twitter: @SupplyTeach
- Facebook: https://en-eg.facebook.com/ABCTEACHERS