2 X Special Support Assistant Level 2 or 3 (Dependent upon qualification and experience)
Level 2: Grade 5, scp 14-17, £8.69 – £9.21 per hour or
Level 3: Grade 6, scp 18-21, £9.36 – £10.43 per hour
Temporary for 12 months in the first instance, Term time only
The Governors of St George’s Junior School seek to appoint two classroom support teaching assistants who has experience of working with whole class, small groups and individuals.
9.00am -3.00pm (half hour lunchbreak) daily 27.5 hrs
The successful applicant would need knowledge of the new key stage 2 curriculum in order to adapt and modify to match the educational needs of the children and allow them to access
- Possession of at least a NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification in a relevant area working with the age of children being supported
- Secure knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
- Experience of modifying teaching plans to match the ability of the pupil
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics (all phases) and running interventions
- Some understanding of the demands the national curriculum and assessment
- Be able to build good working relationships with parents and outside agencies
- A willingness to participate in appropriate training
- A willingness to adapt to change.
- Patience, good humour and a genuine affinity with children.
Closing Date: 23rd March 2018, noon
Interview Date: TBC
St. George’s Junior School
Tel: 01743 357133