Vision for Education are looking to recruit an experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant to work within a specialist provision in the Durham Area. This is a maternity cover that is due to commence June 2018 and run up until December 2018 in the first instance. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with students with SLD, PMLD and other complex needs.
This role could also be suited to an adaptable Care/Support Worker with a flexible approach to working with primary and secondary aged students with PMLD.
An ideal candidate must:
- Have previous experience of working with young people/adults with SLD, PLMD and other complex needs
- Applicants must be available 5 days a week.
- Happy to assist with personal care with students who have severe learning difficulties.
- Applicants must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one and have it registered on the Online Update Service
- Hold a recognised Moving and Handling certificate.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £60 per day.
- Seminars and training courses such as Team Teach and Moving & Handling (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team of experienced SEND consultants that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account on a weekly basis via PAYE.
We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now with your CV and if requirements are met our team will be in touch with you shortly.