Fixed term contract until 31/08/2020 in the first instance
Scale 3, 30 hours per week Term Time Only
(Mon-Thu 8:00- 3:00 & Fri 8:00-1:15)
An opportunity has arisen for a Support Assistant to start as soon as possible to work within our Primary Phase of The Halifax Academy. The support assistant will work within KS2 in the first instance and will have experience of working as a 1 to 1 support with children with specific learning/developmental needs and be flexible to work with children as they progress through the age range.
The Halifax Academy is a high performing 4-16 all-through Academy in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. It was inspected by Ofsted in September 2017 being judged as Good in all areas. Outcomes are outstanding at KS4 and places the Academy in the top 15% of all schools nationally. Early Years Provision is good.
The Academy is the founding school in Impact Education MAT and is led by Matt Perry the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide 1:1 care to our students
- Work as part of a team but use their own initiative
- Motivate and inspire our students
- Use creativity and passion in their work
- Form effective relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies
- Be a positive role model for our students
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- improving learning and teaching
- raising achievement
- supporting students with medical needs
In return we can offer:
- working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students.
- the opportunity to gain cross phase experience.
- enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
- effective supportive and dynamic leadership
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.
For further information please visit our website https://www.thehalifaxacademy.org/
To apply for the vacancy please complete the academy’s application form and return it to email@example.com closing date for applications is Friday 21st February. Late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.