We are seeking an experienced Support Teacher Inclusive Education (ST:IE) with the ability to teach History.
In collaboration with parents and teachers, you will support students across the full range of abilities and needs to meet specific learning needs. You will implement inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve education outcomes of supported students.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
• A strong knowledge of inclusive education practices and a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Experience in implementing Individual Curriculum Plans (ICPs),
• An understanding of the NCCD process,
• Involvement with BCE Strategies and practices which influence student progress and achievement,
• An ability to oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support inclusive education practices,
• An ability to attend to innovative and creative teaching practices,
• A proven capacity to work as part of a team, and
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills through professional development, consultation and advice.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Francis College, Crestmead is an exciting, contemporary Prep - Year 12 school. Our College Mission and Vision statements indicate that we strive to provide an education that challenges students to grow and learn; and we strive to provide this education in a family environment where students feel safe and supported. Our College family is rich in diversity – we celebrate our rich cultural and linguistic backgrounds but we are united in our commitment to a Franciscan education and way of life.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 4 days/wk (24 hrs/wk)
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Renee Cabria
Contact Telephone Number: 3489 4800
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 17-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education