Kirklees and Calderdale
Full and Part-Time
Vision for Education (part of TES) are a well-respected education specialist supply agency. Our Huddersfield branch covers Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
Are you currently a support worker looking to work in an education setting? Do you have experience providing additional support to young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities?
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers to provide support interventions to students in a further education setting. The posts are full and part-time, to start as soon as possible, until the end of the academic year.
Support will be based in small groups or on a 1:1 basis both in and out of the classroom. The position would include liaising collaboratively with colleagues and outside agencies to ensure the correct support is in place for identified learners. Case-load working is essential to this position, as is the ability to maintain student records. Support workers will be expected to create and maintain effective partnerships with learners, tutors, parents, carers and other external agencies.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Significant experience of working with people with learning difficulties, behavioural difficulties or disabilities
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- The willingness to undertake any relevant training
- A genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Support Workers
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
- Excellent hourly rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an Educare training package worth £350
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.