Times: 08:00am to 16:30 Monday
08.00 to 16.00 Tuesday to Thursday
08.00 to 15.30 Friday (Term Time Only)
Duration: 15 to 18 months
Future prospects: Possible progression to Level 3 on successful completion of the course.
North Walsall Primary Academy is a culturally rich one-form entry primary school located in the heart of Walsall. Our school community is very diverse, and our families are supportive. Our children are warm and caring and enjoy coming to school. Do you have a passion to provide an enriching environment where young people can thrive & achieve? Do you have qualities to work well in a team and motivate colleagues with new ideas? Can you communicate well with learners and be a Positive Role model for young people?
Then this in an exciting opportunity to become part of North Walsall Primary Academy.
We are looking to recruit a Teaching STLS Apprentice Level 2
You will have responsibility for the following:
• Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with pupils one-on-one or in small groups
• Enforce school and class rules to help teach pupils proper behaviour
• Help teachers with record-keeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades
• Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
• Help supervise pupils in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
• Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups
• Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required
• Support the teacher in managing challenging pupil behaviour and promoting positive behaviour
• Guide and monitor pupil progress
• Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils' progress
• Carry out administrative duties, such as preparing classroom resources
• Create art displays of pupils' artwork
• Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams.
For further information about the role and the academy, or if applicants wish to visit prior to completing their application, please contact the academy on 01922 720822
Closing date: Midday on 23rd February 2020.
Academy Transformation Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All offers of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, 2 satisfactory references and any other necessary checks.