Senior Workshop Instructor Assessor (SWIA) in Carpentry and Joinery
Are you passionate about Carpentry and Joinery? Have you ever considered passing your knowledge and skills onto the tradespeople of tomorrow? We have an exciting opportunity to mix your trade passion with supporting and developing the next generation of Carpenters.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Carpentry and Joinery Team to support students with workshop tasks and activities. We are looking for a strong team player who is committed to ensuring excellence for our students, is resilient and willing to learn and develop new skills.
This role is a great first step into teaching where you will be working with a team of Lecturers. Machining experience is desirable along with the ability to demonstrate all round Carpentry and Joinery Skills.
This role is based at our Highbury Northarbour Centre.
Highbury College offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Support from the College to focus on CPD
What we can offer you:
· A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
· A canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
· A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
The working environment:
· You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
· You will be working for a Grade 1 Outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
So if you think you have the technical skills and experience we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note: If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on 02392 328910 or firstname.lastname@example.org