Garden International School - Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: August 2021
Suitable for NQTs: No
*Please note that leadership opportunities may be available for the right candidate
Garden International School, based in Kuala Lumpur is seeking a full time Swimming Teacher and Coach. The successful candidate must be a first class Level 2 Teacher and Coach with excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and able to be a positive teacher/coach of a vibrant swimming community at the school. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone keen to join a forward thinking community of teachers and coaches in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. As an ‘Apple Distinguished’ school, GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Principal responsibilities are:
- To lead and develop the programme in line with school objectives and the LTAD
- To directly coach the Dragons performance squads, maximizing the performance of swimmers through motivational delivery and set writing
- To oversee and deliver Primary swim lessons and continue to develop the curriculum
- To support DoA in developing and monitoring the rest of the coaching team to ensure quality in all sessions
- To attend all galas, open meets and school events as and when required
- Associated administrative duties
- The person we are looking for needs to be dynamic, enthusiastic and adaptable to the ever changing conditions in a busy school
- Qualification to a minimum ‘ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher’ and UKCC level 2 Coach OR UKCC Level 1, working towards Level 2 (or Country equivalent)
- A proven track record of teaching and coaching swimming lessons and junior coaching programmes
- Able to inspire, motivate and effectively communicate with swimmers, coaches, volunteers, parents and other teaching staff
- Able to work flexibly with minimal supervision, planning and prioritizing well with strong administrative skills
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Closing date for applications is 6th December 2020. Interviews will take place via Skype.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2021-22’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (ICPC or equivalent).