The Camp and Boarding House Assistant reports directly to the Camp Manager with whom he/she will meet regularly, providing advice, feedback and information as required.
The Camp and Boarding House Assistant is to act as a leader and provide participants with a fun and educational camp experience. He/She will provide guidance and support for all camp staff and maintain a positive relationship with staff, parents and campers.
• Active involvement in the operation and delivery of the camp programs
• Participate in daytime activities coordinated by AlpineZentrum
• Assist with planning and implement camp programs (daytime and night time)
• Ensure all inventories are maintained and kept orderly (i.e. stationery, games, snacks, etc)
• Participate in daily/weekly staff meetings with Camp Manager & AlpineZentrum
• Assist with responding to parent questions and concerns promptly to ensure customer satisfaction
• Contribute to and create photo / video collages with Camp Manager
• Help track attendance (sign in/sign out sheets)
• Ensure programs run on schedule and all required supplies are purchased
• Monitor and ensure the safety of all campers at all times
• Review, complete and follow up on incident/accident reports and report to Camp Manager
• Positively support campers in keeping with the camp agreements and code of conduct
• Be a positive role model to all campers
• Ensure neatness and cleanliness at all times in personal room and in the boarding house
• Help to keep premises clean and operating smoothly as needed
• Ensure First Aid is administered promptly
• Other duties as assigned
• An effective manager of people.
• A person with efficient organisational skills.
• An ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
• Excellent ICT skills.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the life of the school / camp.
• Empathy for children’s needs and feelings across the age range
• Must hold a current First Aid certificate and a valid Swiss / European Driving License
• A person prepared to actively promote the school’s / camp's values and to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
• A sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team.
• A person suitable to work with children.